EPK b

Bradley Johnson

Captured photo

I have always been interested in music since an early age. My mam used to listen to Linkin Park, Papa Roach and similar bands, I really enjoyed the music and used to sing along all the time. My first music obsession was Bon Jovi when I was in primary School. As I got older, I started to discover new music and I discovered Atreyu in year 7 and I was hooked on heavy metal. I was constantly searching for heavier bands. I was searching on YouTube for new music, and I found Motionless in White and for 2 years I was obsessed, and I listened to them every day exclusively. I realised I preferred the songs that were melodic and had clean vocals on the chorus with screams on a songs verse. 2017 I was told Chester Bennington had killed himself and I at first did not know who he was until I was told he was the lead singer to Linkin Park; I had listened to Linkin Park and Papa Roach a lot when I was in primary school, but I fell out of touch with them for years. I listened to Linkin Park for the first time in years and immediately realised I was listening to the greatest band of all time; Chesters's vocals were insane. The roots of my inspiration stems from Atreyu, Motionless in White but Linkin Park are what got me interested in vocals. Recently I have been listening to Korn, as good as they are they cannot beat Linkin Park.  

My music is influenced by Korn and Atreyu but lyrically Chester's writing style influences me. I love Nu-metal I'm learning how to create it similar to Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory. My lyrics are sombre but lately they have been slightly political and more similar to Chris Motionless. 
Chester Bennington's lyrical prowess usually relates to teenage angst, substance abuse and depression, he sometimes has a resolution such as Breaking the habit, the chorus changes at the end with a victory for him. He sometimes doesn't win, the song Crawling ends with "confusing what is real". My song "Crushed under anxiety" doesn't end with a resolution but I have an unfinished song similar to "Leave out all the rest" by Linkin Park.

Here are some composition ideas, my music is directed to anyone who is interested in rock and metal music.


The Princes Trust is a good place for me to start because they are an organisation to help people from age 11-30 to get jobs, education, or training. I want to be able to sing and scream so I would be able to get lessons with the money from The Princes Trust. Within college I can get voice lessons whilst I'm on my Music Tech course, I can also find likeminded people who are interested in creating music. I have worked with the Music Practise students to familiarise myself with recording a band using Cubase and a mixing desk.

Comments

  1. detailed epk, i like your lyrics too (starlight is my fav)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my research in looking at Brad's blog, I couldn't find a logo, nor a link to his website, but I did find a picture of him working on the mixing desk.
    I also found a page full of lyrics that he wrote, giving anyone seeing them an insight of the style of music he makes.
    I think the EPK is full of detail and him listing his influences gives further info on the type of music he wants to make, which is useful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment